Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • nursejdavis: also the time is wayyy of its only 930 pm???
    March 14, 2019, 02:29:18 AM
  • nursejdavis: I am looking for a few Press Releases from Kevin Hillman that have disappeared.... not sure why they would be hidden from the public unless they contain narcs who have gotten their charges dropped for their cooperation. Seems the same Press Releases were also deleted from Facebook. Thanks for any help in locating these
    March 14, 2019, 02:24:50 AM
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM

Author Topic: bad wreck on 17 in the roubidoux curves  (Read 17391 times)

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
Re: bad wreck on 17 in the roubidoux curves
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2009, 11:40:12 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Gary, due to the extensive discussion of this here and on the "other board," I'd like to ask that you contact the state patrol and ask them to consider correcting their report if their review of the situation shows that to be warranted.

When people call me and demand a correction for something that was in a police report, I tell them that I have correctly quoted the report and they need to talk to the police, and I will do nothing on a correction until the police do something. In this case it appears that the emergency responders and the state patrol are not in agreement on whether child restraints were used.

There are serious issues of libel involved, and even without the legal issues it is not fair to the mother to be accused of negligence all over the internet if the state patrol report was wrong.

That is right Okie. My paramedics said the kids took the belts off to try and get out. I can't tell everything I know, but the injuries are consistent of having belts on; and most importantly, the lack of life-threatening trauma. Look at the car, if not secured in, the trauma would have been much greater.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2009, 12:20:30 AM »
Sure will. I'll double-check with paramedics and firefighters and talk to the trooper.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2009, 12:44:23 AM »
I just went to that other board to read about the accident and would like to correct a statement made by the river rat. There was a time years ago that some members of their board were banned, it has also been years since they are no longer banned. Nice try rat but a lot of people know better. I am not aware of any member on their board that is banned from mine. Now they did open an account in my name without my permission on their board then banned it.

Correction there may be one female from their board that is banned here still.. Correct me if I am wrong Eeyore..

Gary, due to the extensive discussion of this here and on the "other board," I'd like to ask that you contact the state patrol and ask them to consider correcting their report if their review of the situation shows that to be warranted.

When people call me and demand a correction for something that was in a police report, I tell them that I have correctly quoted the report and they need to talk to the police, and I will do nothing on a correction until the police do something. In this case it appears that the emergency responders and the state patrol are not in agreement on whether child restraints were used.

There are serious issues of libel involved, and even without the legal issues it is not fair to the mother to be accused of negligence all over the internet if the state patrol report was wrong.

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2009, 01:09:53 AM »
OK, I just talked to the first paramedic and firefighter on scene. The seatbelts were off when they arrived. However, the children are adamant that they simple took them off to get out. Therefore, I do not know how one can come to a definite conclusion. I do not know how anyone could prove they are are or are not telling the truth. Therefore, I would assume they had them on. At this point an opinion only, but can be opinion "only" by anyone else.

Gary

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2009, 06:58:59 PM »
Wow.....
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2009, 08:04:37 PM »
Wow, Princess04...I know. I do not know how this will go. The kids told two paramedics and the firefighters they had on belts. One would assume if mother had on belts, she would insist kids do. I believe she must have. Most parents careful enough to wear them insist kids do.
Gary

Offline CrazedChris

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2009, 09:20:11 PM »
Thanks for trying to clear this up Gary.  I sincerely hope that they were wearing them.

Offline Probie

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2009, 06:11:03 AM »
Gary

Do to extensive damage of the car, It appears the kids would have sustained more trauma if they weren't buckled in then what they did.. Just my opinion... It appeared that they had been but there's no way to prove it now...
All we can hope for is a speedy recovery for them all.

Wow, Princess04...I know. I do not know how this will go. The kids told two paramedics and the firefighters they had on belts. One would assume if mother had on belts, she would insist kids do. I believe she must have. Most parents careful enough to wear them insist kids do.
Gary

Offline sarah page

• "When The Rich Wage War, Its The Poor That Die"-Linkin Park
  • Muchlove To All
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2009, 03:33:19 PM »
exactly I agree with Probie. Hopefully the kids are alright and get to come home soon

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2009, 04:20:42 PM »
Darrell this thread looks intact to me.

After 9-1/2 hours of fighting with my computer this morning -- no, I am not kidding, I got up around midnight to get a lot of work done and have been stymied all morning -- I think the problem is due to compatibility issues with IE8, which I downloaded in beta version on one of my computers but fortunately did not on the other.

The "backward compatibility" tab on IE8 doesn't consistently help, either.

The problem seems to be limited to posts in which there is quoted material, in some but not all cases. It seems that when a person uses an inline quote, for that specific post only but not the entire thread, IE8 renders the post blank some of the time while other posts remain intact.

This may be something to be aware of as IE8 moves from beta to full deployment.

My other computer roblems won't be as easy to solve, unfortunately, and I've just lost a ton of time I badly needed.
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2009, 10:44:56 PM »
I agree probie & sarah page. Due to the lack of certain trauma, and the presence of certain trauma, I believe the kids.

Offline Jax

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2009, 02:17:04 AM »
DTM - I am having no problem with IE8 beta on this site or any other. I sometimes hav to use the compatibility icon elswhere but it has always worked.

Good luck with your computer.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2009, 04:08:48 AM »
DTM - I am having no problem with IE8 beta on this site or any other. I sometimes hav to use the compatibility icon elswhere but it has always worked. Good luck with your computer.

That's good to know. I suspect I have multiple problems that are interacting with each other.
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2009, 05:04:59 AM »
Follow up: The kids did have seat belts on. The mother got it corrected with the patrol. A good mother and Seatbelts saved life again,

Gary

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2009, 10:47:51 AM »
Follow up: The kids did have seat belts on. The mother got it corrected with the patrol. A good mother and Seatbelts saved life again,

Gary

Thank you for the update, Gary. I've posted the following: "CORRECTION: The following article correctly cited state patrol reports issued following the crash that the three children of Rhonda A. Gaither were not wearing seat belts at the time of their crash. Following inquiries from the Pulaski County Ambulance District, the state patrol report was corrected around Jan. 23 to indicate that all people in Gaither's vehicle had been wearing their seat belts."
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline CrazedChris

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2009, 02:13:45 PM »
So glad to hear that.  =]

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2009, 10:35:03 PM »
Well that is EXCELLENT news. 
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline autumnsmommy

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2009, 09:49:07 AM »
I'm glad their ok. I feel a little better about the mom now, knowing that she put the seat belts on her kids. I was shocked when I first read about it.
Don't mistake lack of talent for genius

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2009, 05:42:20 PM »
Ditto on that!  :)
I'm glad their ok. I feel a little better about the mom now, knowing that she put the seat belts on her kids. I was shocked when I first read about it.
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2009, 09:28:32 PM »
so does anyone know how they are doing?