Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Ryan's  (Read 26233 times)

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
Ryan's
« on: March 09, 2007, 12:32:22 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

We ate at a Ryan's for the first time in the early 90s in Virginia when my husband was in the Army.
We were extremely impressed with them. When we heard they were coming here we were ecstatic.
The first month or two they were open, the food was great. It seems to have gotten worse fairly recently.
Now we rarely go.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

watson

Re: Ryan's
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 03:59:24 AM »
Me, mom and brother use to go there all the time, like once a week at least but the last time we went was for breakfast and I just didn't care for it at all.  Then in the evenings I work so that lets that out and on the weekends at night I am so tired just don't want to go anywhere.

Offline ctmom20

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 05:07:49 PM »
It is nothing like it used to be.

My first bad experience: My husband, our sons and my mother-in-law were dining there. Our drinks stayed empty for quite a while. We were close to the coke machine so my husband got up and started to refill our drinks himself. A lady approaches him and tells him he can't do that. He informs her that he WILL do that until his server gives him good enough service to refill his drinks! I'm not sure what position this lady held but she wasn't a server. I think she may have been a mgr. but I'm not positive.

I understand Mother's Day is one of the busiest days of the year. I am a server at another local restaurant. I do know what days are busy and what days aren't. But all I ask is to keep my drink filled.... especially when ALL you have to do is fill my drink and clear the dirty plates. When our server FINALLY refilled our drinks this past Mother's Day, she didn't add any ice to them. I had NO ice because I had ate it all waiting for my refill while she and another server stood over by the drink area laughing and cutting up. While she is walking off I catch her and ask for more ice. I don't like hot tea. I order ICED tea for a reason.

At Christmas time my Grandma gets all her kids and older grandkids Ryan's gift certificates. She is unable to leave the house so I pick them up for her. She buys over $200 in g.c.'s every year. The manager had to sell these to me because I received free ones (buy $50 and receive $10 free or something). I'm still not sure why the cashier couldn't do this ...but oh well. After waiting 18 min. for the mgr. to bring my gc's, he finally approaches me with a paper I must complete. I ask him why he wants this info (my name, mailing address, PHONE NUMBER, etc..). He looks at me as if I'm a moron and says "WELL FOR YOU FREE ONES!!". I fill out my name and address but won't give him my number and tell him that I am not providing such info. He seems mad. I really don't care. I shouldn't have given him the info I did. I just feel that if I am buying over $200 in gift certificates I should be treated a little better. I'm leaving and I don't even get a thank you from this guy!!!!!! I turn back around and say, "Oh, can I get some envelopes for these". He says "no" and I just give him this "are you serious" stare. He says "I can only give you 2"...... Hmmmmm....... Then he turns around and goes back towards the kitchen. Needless to say, I told my Grandma what happened. She informs me that next year she'll be buying over $200 in Cracker Barrel gift certificates.

So last week my husband, two sons and I go back to Ryan's. While our drinks sit empty our server is at the empty table right next to us filling her sugar caddies, napkin holders, etc. After I suck on the straw of my empty glass to make the "hey, my drink is empty over here" noise she continues to finish her table top work. This really bothers me. As a server, your tables come first... NOT sidework! My husband turns around and tells her we need refills. Our server says "I know. Hold on." Ahem..... WHAT????????? HOLD ON? She rolls her eyes, lays down her tray and then comes to refill our drinks.

Let me leave you with a piece of advice: If you want good service ask for the server named "Tonia". She has been the ONLY good server we've had in the past two months. She was working the other night when we went in but she was serving a private party and could not take anymore tables. :(

Offline Janice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 02:58:12 AM »
I know we have had bad service in the smoking section- seems they stick you in there and just forget you.. We went the other night and had to wait on the drinks and the rolls didnt come until we were just about finished.. Gonna be a long time before we go back.

Offline dmk911

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 09:44:43 AM »
ask for the server named amy, she's great

Offline GM2006

• Proud BF, BW, CS, CD Mom to 2 boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 10:52:23 PM »
we didn't care for the food that much

ck2boys

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 03:56:41 AM »
It's dirty. 

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 09:07:32 PM »
That's funny.  I don't go there anymore for the same reasons...but it seems like it would be fun to just go in as customers and take over waiting on yourself (HA) then clean up after yourself.  Then when the server looks at you, give yourself a BIG tip!
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline ~Vanilla Princess~

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 07:34:55 PM »
I have to agree this place is awful.... OOOOO and don't ask for the rolls they act like you have commit ed a crime!!!
~What goes around comes around~

Offline Princess_KA

• Always look eye...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 04:00:00 PM »
When did Ryan's quit taking checks???  I have always written a check in there.  Sunday, the Star was closed AGAIN (another gripe for another page) so I took the kids to Ryan's to try out there breakfast bar.  After standing there ordering food and drinks for everyone, with my check book ready to write, the dude tells me they don't take checks there.  I said, 'Since when???', but didn't give him time to answer, just took my group of five and said, "Let's go" and spent our $$$ elsewhere - Wal-mart - so I could go BACK home and cook breakfast for everyone.  The day was a complete downer from that point on. 

watson

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 12:20:37 AM »
Thats a good question......we have always wrote a check there also.....hmmmm.....sure hope everyone reads this.....

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 06:12:14 AM »
I don't go out and eat much any more~ if I do it's usually to the Oasis truck stop, just as easy to buy it and cook at home~

watson

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 10:52:12 AM »
Its probably just as easy but I am not a cook...therefore it is much easier to go out and eat to me....

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 02:38:32 PM »
When did Ryan's quit taking checks???  I have always written a check in there.  Sunday, the Star was closed AGAIN (another gripe for another page) so I took the kids to Ryan's to try out there breakfast bar.  After standing there ordering food and drinks for everyone, with my check book ready to write, the dude tells me they don't take checks there.  I said, 'Since when???', but didn't give him time to answer, just took my group of five and said, "Let's go" and spent our $$$ elsewhere - Wal-mart - so I could go BACK home and cook breakfast for everyone.  The day was a complete downer from that point on. 

It has been posted on the doors since i know of November, And states right on the door they no longer take checks.
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline ghost_of_notsniw

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 04:13:20 PM »
What are these "checks" you speak of?

watson

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 04:41:18 PM »
Personal checks to pay for your meal Winston..... you are no longer allowed to do that..... ^^^^

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 04:53:24 PM »
It was how people paid for things in the horse and buggy days. Watched a film on the history channel about it.

What are these "checks" you speak of?

watson

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2007, 05:11:12 PM »
It was how people paid for things in the horse and buggy days. Watched a film on the history channel about it.

!!!@#$%^ !!!@#$%^ !!!@#$%^  you caught me off guard on this one.......your funny......have a great day...

COWBOY

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 04:59:30 PM »
They must read this board because they have cleaned up their act.  Was there yesterday and really liked the whole cat fish,cat fish and one more cat fish.   Waitress was there with drinks and cleaning the table etc.  Was interesting to note that they only had maybe 60 customers in the whole building from 12-1;00, there were 36  when we left.  It was not a graduation day so most were locals.   The same was true of wal-mart the store was almost empty at 1:00

paloha2

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 01:32:17 PM »
ate there on the 25th...enjoyed it...had no complaints!!

Offline Rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2007, 12:46:49 PM »
The one in Joplin is really good, if any of ya'll get down that way much.

Offline SHIRLEYKAY

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2007, 06:21:28 AM »
the food taste the same watered down.  was good when first opened but went down hill.

Offline GreekMeadow

• WHATEVER!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2007, 08:03:53 AM »
My whole family eats there quite a bit but I won't...I ate there once and did not like it....it tastes like cafeteria food to me.
Revenge is such a pretty thing and the good always wins in the end!!

When I die, bury me upside down so the whole world can KISS MY ASS!

gloom despair & agony on me~deep dark depression excessive misery~~~ohhhh~~~*If It Weren't 4 Bad Luck I'd Have No Luck At All*gloom despair & agony on meeeeeE!

********************NASCAR RULES********************

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2007, 08:44:32 PM »
I go there from time to time. Food's adequate (barely... I don't think they use any seasoning to speak of!) and service is inconsistent. Not my first choice, but at least it doesn't take long to get your food.
Heck is where people go when they don't believe in Gosh.

Offline Steph

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2007, 02:21:10 AM »
My family and I went to Ryan's tonight and I big a suprise in my food.  A piece of wire the waitress said that it was from a butter baster,  ^&*&^  right in taco meat.   I told her that I was concerned that a child could have choked on it and she said that she let the manager know.  Most places would have pulled that dish and made more. I know that they were busy, but safety and quality should come first and I did not get that feeling.  I will never go back again!!!!!   

Offline GM2006

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2007, 02:52:39 PM »
WTH??? for something like that you should've gotten your entire meal free, that's dangerous!

Offline Steph

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2007, 04:39:15 PM »
I thought so to, but with the response that we got of not giving a %*#!  We just wanted to leave and never go back to that place.  I should have caused a bigger fuss.  I just hope that a child did not get hurt and that they finally removed that item, but I doubt it.

Offline GM2006

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2007, 05:06:12 PM »
yeah I probably would've walked out lol and not quietly either  >:D I'm glad none of y'all were hurt & hope no one else was either

Offline 2manyhats2

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2007, 06:18:17 PM »
The Ryan's in Springfield has much better food and nicer people. We went a few times when they first opened and also stopped. Got tired of filling our own drinks too.

Offline ctmom20

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2007, 05:17:36 PM »
We went back to Ryan's last weekend. The server Tonia that was always great to us is no longer there. :( We did get a server named Amy. She was wonderful! Food quality was great. They now have steak and shrimp EVERY night. I'm pretty excited about that. I am so glad they have improved.