Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM
  • mikrzy55: :)
    October 17, 2015, 10:31:46 AM

Author Topic: Seoul Garden  (Read 14556 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Seoul Garden
« on: October 21, 2007, 01:38:59 AM »

Share/Bookmark

"Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline OLDigahmah

• View Profile
Re: Seoul Garden
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 12:41:17 AM »
I have eaten there.  It is not the typical Korean food we get at chopstix or Joes or Misuks.  It is more traditional Korean food.  Bullgogie is different and they bring you about 7 kinds of kimchee.  It wasn't bad, just different.  Pretty pricey, i think my ticket came to almost $20

Offline whazup

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 05:00:56 AM »
I ate there once. It was good.  You get a ton of food.

They do have some odd items on the menu though

xyxex_kayn

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 04:12:02 PM »
Took my son there one night when the wife was away(she wont try new things often) I let him order what he wanted, as i did.  Wow, is all i can say.  The food was great, alot of it, almost ran out of space on the table.  Price, some may consider on the high side. I dont mind paying more for something if the quality of the food and the service is good. The old saying "you get what you pay for" even applies to restaurants. Son is looking forward to our next visit, he wants to try some of there sushi

Offline ♣♥Young & Foolish♥♣

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 10:37:01 PM »
My husband ate there a couple of times and loved it, i have yet to try it...i am skeptical about trying new things...but i think i might have to now!

Offline pavilion70

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 03:34:38 PM »
I live in Rolla and go there may be once in a week.  I was looking for a good asian restaurant and found this web site.
Seoul Garden was one of the best asian restaurant i have been so far in this area. 
I think it's family-operated restaurant and the service was excellent!!!! Me and my wife always get their Kal-bee(beef short-ribs) and some of their sushi.
For the price, i think it's better than the regular american restuarant. Compare to like the steakhouses around, the short-ribs were only $18 and if you go to other restaurants they only give you like small amount of t-bone steak with couple sides for over $20. I think Seoul has a great value of food and services.
I would recommend them and I think people around this region should be thankful to have a restaurant like Seoul!

Offline confection_perfection

• Lurker
  • Baby shower cake I made
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 05:01:36 PM »
My friends and I always go in here for sushi! We all pick out one kind of sushi and split all of them and they always give us free soup and other sides because of all the food we order! I would definitely recommend this place!
“Birthdays are nature's way of telling us to eat more cake.�

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 01:08:09 AM »
Ten stars from me. Only thing wrong with them is that I have not been there for some time now and that is not their fault. Love the place.
JB

Offline kheuett

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 02:10:19 PM »
My family absolutely loves this place.  The sushi is great but my husband and I don't get to eat much of it due to our 2 and 5 year old boys.  We have tried several of their dishes from the bulgogi, bi bim bob, to even a great big stew that had octopus, squid, and crab in it.  Plus, you get TONS of sides.  My boys like the lotus root and white radish the best.  We have never been disappointed there.  We always bug our waiter, Peter, for new ideas of what to try.  Plus, he remembers my boys names' and always carries on conversations with them.  It isn't the cheapest place to eat but well worth it.  When we ask our 2 year old where he wants to go eat, he always says, "Peter's"!!!  I give it a 10!!!
A man may be a fool and not know it, but not if he is married.

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 11:57:36 PM »
I dont mind paying a bit more for something when the food is excellent and the service is great.  And that fits seoul garden.

Offline princesso8788

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 04:53:36 AM »
Excellent food ,,,,great staff,,,,,,,and nice cozy place to share a meal with someone special.  My husband and I ate there just before he deployed and it was very nice.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 11:57:50 PM »
Well just came from there. Had the spicy seafood soup. Oops! Put that one aside and re-ordered. One of these days I will learn when the Korean menu says spicy they don't lie.

My dad on the other hand would have asked for extra pepper oh well. The soba noodle dish was quite good.
JB

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 02:17:45 AM »
One of these days I will learn when the Korean menu says spicy they don't lie. My dad on the other hand would have asked for extra pepper oh well.

Ask your deputies about the time last year that some of them decided to test their pepper spray on me and were surprised it had no effect on me, even when daubed on the edge of my eye. One of the deputies finally figured out why and told the rest ... "Hey, he's married to a Korean; he EATS that stuff!!!!"

Hope to see you at Chuseok (Korean thanksgiving) this Saturday at the St. Robert Community Center. I'm sure they can make something **REALLY** spicy for you if you want it ... LOL ...

Regards,
DTM
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 11:43:59 AM »
I had not heard about you being "peppered", who do I need to promote over this incident?
JB

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 05:02:18 PM »
Ask your deputies about the time last year that some of them decided to test their pepper spray on me and were surprised it had no effect on me, even when daubed on the edge of my eye. One of the deputies finally figured out why and told the rest ... "Hey, he's married to a Korean; he EATS that stuff!!!!"

Hope to see you at Chuseok (Korean thanksgiving) this Saturday at the St. Robert Community Center. I'm sure they can make something **REALLY** spicy for you if you want it ... LOL ...

Regards,
DTM

Are you taser resistant too? lol
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 05:05:07 PM »
Are you taser resistant too? lol
You betcha he is ........... he lived in Washington D.C. :wee_fly:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 12:04:55 PM »
I've never been Tased and I don't want to try. But honestly, pepper spray tasted a lot like overly strong kimchee that has sat in the refrigerator too long, and the feeling when it got in my eye was a lot like if some kimchee juice splashed into my eye while eating. Burns a little, mildly annoying, but not a big deal.

I suspect there are different strengths of pepper spray and some would be more annoying than others. Maybe I got the mild stuff. It was a training exercise, after all.

Before anyone goes out and tells all the local criminals that pepper spray isn't something to be afraid of, my Korean wife, even though she's eaten hot spicy food her whole life, says I can eat lots of food that is too hot for her.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 02:33:28 PM »
Had a fabulous dinner there last night with the better half. 
While a little expensive for this neighborhood the quality and quantity far made up for it.
The service was excellent.

I even saw a local celebrity seated with a pretty lady having dinner....

5 out of 5 stars for Seoul Gardens last night.

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 04:06:58 PM »
Some girls and I went there Monday for Sushi...my first experience...but it was oooooo so yummy!! I ordered the Kimshi Soup...wasn't to fond of that but everything else was great!!
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2008, 04:16:05 PM »
I'm going to have Sushi for lunch today!!
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2008, 04:19:15 PM »
Try the Jurassic Park Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its to die for! Its got Shrimp and Eel and all kinds Yummy stuff!
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"

Offline Traveler

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 08:01:07 PM »
Was there a little before X-mas and they told me they now deliver. Shame I am to far away.
"The Republicans know we have a constitution, and they dismiss it with contempt and arrogance ... The Democrats simply act like they never heard of it ..."

Offline Soridan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2010, 09:36:16 PM »
Seems like all the Japanese food places skipped town for the 4th of July holiday so when we were craving sushi we went to Seoul Garden for some take-out and were blown away. The guy at the counter seemed a little goofy but we walked away with slot of food for $40. They had to give us a box to carry it all. The sushi was great and the bi-bim-bop can't be beat. The bulgolgi was less salty than at other places. But the best part were the exotic and super-tasty side items that came with our order all in one container. I dumped it all in my bi-bim-bop and went hog wild! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Too bad for the other oriental restos, by closing their doors for the holidays they might have lost alot of customers to Seoul Garden (next to Alpine Haus & Dutchmans/across from the BP in St. Robert.)

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2010, 11:08:34 PM »
Across from Phillips 66 in St. Robert.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2010, 01:14:47 AM »
Lost interest in the TK's Pizza Soridan? What's your personal interest in this place??

Seems like all the Japanese food places skipped town for the 4th of July holiday so when we were craving sushi we went to Seoul Garden for some take-out and were blown away. The guy at the counter seemed a little goofy but we walked away with slot of food for $40. They had to give us a box to carry it all. The sushi was great and the bi-bim-bop can't be beat. The bulgolgi was less salty than at other places. But the best part were the exotic and super-tasty side items that came with our order all in one container. I dumped it all in my bi-bim-bop and went hog wild! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Too bad for the other oriental restos, by closing their doors for the holidays they might have lost alot of customers to Seoul Garden (next to Alpine Haus & Dutchmans/across from the BP in St. Robert.)

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2010, 08:45:08 AM »
I love this place. But as an American Im disapointed in your ability to see the fact that a Japanese American, as well as any other American might want to enjoy the day with their family on 4th of July weekend. You should be horsewhipped.
Biscuit

Offline Soridan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2010, 01:08:52 PM »
Don't worry! We enjoyed some great BBQ to go right along with our delicious TKs Pizza on the glorious 4th of July!

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2010, 01:50:39 PM »
did you do anything but eat????
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline Soridan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2010, 01:36:07 PM »
Yes. lol

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2010, 03:21:02 PM »
Had a fabulous dinner there last night with the better half. 
While a little expensive for this neighborhood the quality and quantity far made up for it.
The service was excellent.

I even saw a local celebrity seated with a pretty lady having dinner....

5 out of 5 stars for Seoul Gardens last night.

We have "local celebrities" in our midst? Did you ask for an autograph? 
 JB